ABOUT THE ROLE
The Social Media Manager plays a critical role as the voice of our brand online and is responsible for the production of digital content and management of YBCA’s social media channels. You will work independently while collaborating across the organization to enhance our digital storytelling. Success in this role will include growing audience and engagement on our social media channels while producing original content that drives engagement and a clear understanding of our mission. You will keep YBCA on the pulse of digital trends by maintaining a strong understanding of the digital media landscape and ensure that social media efforts are evaluated and effective, communicating results and on-going needs to achieve your goals.
Digital Media Management & Content Production
- Manage the production of digital content from concept to final production, working closely with video producers, photographers, graphic designers and the marketing team
- Lead the development and management of paid digital media and digital content needed for YBCA.org including graphics, photography and video
- Capture photos of events and our company culture to give our community a clear visual understanding of all that happens at YBCA
Social Media Management
- Work with marketing team leadership to define YBCA’s Social Media and Original Content Strategy working closely with Digital Marketing Manager who will oversee the development of editorial content for YBCA.org
- Create engaging content and manage day-to-day execution and communication needs across all priority social media platforms
- Grow and retain an attentive audience for YBCA’s social media activity
- Engage audiences by participating as an active member in relevant online communities, social networks, blogs and websites
- Work with Director of Marketing & Communications to develop clear social media guidelines for YBCA, providing training for artists and staff as needed
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop a comprehensive digital marketing strategy that outlines core objectives across its website and social media channels
- Build and maintain a content calendar; work cross-functionally to develop content for all programming priorities, while managing any rapid response needs in communicating across social media channels
- Leverage analytic tools such as Sprout Social to actively monitor social media activity, providing regular updates on sentiment and engagement
- Present a report annually on social media trends, leveraging insights from conferences and licensed research to inform ongoing strategy
- Ensure that ongoing social media content is in line with organization objectives, developing a process to provide monthly updates on social media performance
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 3 years’ experience in writing copy for social media platforms & communicating with online communities
- BA/BS degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Office 365.
- Familiarity with paid media and online community management
- Strong grasp of Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, CSS, PHP, Photoshop, Content Management and Customer Relationship Management Systems, proficiency on Mac and Windows platforms.
- Strong copywriting and graphic design skills.
- A “Shot on iPhone” expert, with a passion for photography and capturing visual content
- Capacity to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment under pressure of deadlines while maintaining composure and positive professional relationships.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills with strong attention to detail, and high work standards.
- Experience working effectively with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to learn new technology quickly while adapting to multiple fast-paced situations and surroundings.
- Thrives in a team-oriented environment
- Desire to grow and develop additional skills.
- Knowledge of, or interest, in contemporary art a plus.