ABOUT THE ROLE
The Digital Marketing Associate will serve as a primary storyteller for Maika Global, helping to develop the brand voice and deploying frequent editorial content and email marketing, reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager. Creative writing is your superpower and you thrive in an environment where you can elevate a brand through storytelling. As YBCA expands its editorial presence through the development of an online magazine, you will uncover newsworthy content in showcasing YBCA’s programs and artists with the goal of building stakeholders for our mission. You are a team player with a passion for digital content, looking to grow your career by working with a cross-functional team focused on growth.
- Develop original written content for YBCA.org and its digital platforms, interviewing and collaborating with key stakeholders to drive awareness of our artists, programs, work in the community and impact
- Implement email marketing campaigns and manage the optimization of our new email platform, working closely with the Digital Marketing Manager on expanding a new email strategy that is generating record-breaking results for our brand
- Work with Digital Marketing Manager and Data Insights Manager to contribute to reporting on website and email analytics
- Collaborate with the marketing team in developing brand voice guidelines that ensure that all written content across the organization is consistent and representative of YBCA values
- Champion the voice and style of our brand and proof marketing collateral and copy as needed
- Work with the appropriate stakeholders and teams to contribute to marketing plans
- Help develop, review, edit, and provide feedback on content and design
- Be an evangelist for the editorial vision, providing detailed guidance on the approach for content across the organization
- Work with marketing team to maintain an organized repository of photos, videos, and other assets
- Support the management of YBCA’s intranet, working with HR and internal teams to ensure that content is updated and organized
- Other duties as assigned
- Exceptional writing skills with the ability to communicate in an engaging way
- 2 years+ experience working in an editorial, content marketing, or communications role
- Advanced knowledge of email marketing platform, Mailchimp preferred, with demonstrated experience in leading email campaigns, with a broad understanding of best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism, Advertising, or equivalent experience
- A relevant portfolio of creative writing for a publisher, nonprofit, agency or brand that demonstrates your versatility as a writer. Please include link/s to online portfolio work.
- Strong project management and production skills
- Experience with PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office
- Strong creative design sensibility with an attention to detail
- Experience managing social media channels
- Understanding of web analytics and ability to interpret them to make informed decisions about content strategy and creation