About the Role:
Maika Global is looking for a Graphic Design Intern with an emphasis in social media content and design creation. The right candidate is a hungry, creative and knowledgeable social media fan looking to start their career in the digital marketing field. You are a self-motivated professional with a creative vision and excitement around graphic design.
About the Company
Maika Global is a creative digital marketing and design agency that generates genius marketing ideas and creates quality graphics and written content. We ignite curiosity and create exciting marketing content that breeds conversation and creates a buzz. We are a small but rapidly growing consulting agency heavily focused on global expansion. We currently have a presence in San Francisco, New York, London, and Dubai.
With the evolution of technology and the way an audience consumes information, we utilize modern marketing methods to increase reach and deliver relevant, attractive, and valuable content to our client’s key demographic.
Our services extend beyond digital to include traditional activity-based marketing. We help brands develop and grow with an integrated 360-degree approach which often means that we help with branding, design, social media, messaging, sales funnels and more to create a cohesive message that is the base of communications for any strong brand.
What you will gain
• A holistic understanding of the ins and outs of a creative consulting agency.
• Exposure to tools, procedures and industry insights that will set you apart from your peers.
• Multiple professional development opportunities, projects and experiences to grow your portfolio.
• The opportunity to be at the front lines of the creative process for global brands.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Create and design digital materials
• Adhere to brand guidelines and complete projects according to deadline
• Retouch and manipulate images
• Use graphic design software and work with a wide variety of media
• Receive feedback and make necessary changes
• Edit short videos together based on blog copy
• Strong visual storytelling skills and exceptional attention to detail (verbal and written) practices in online marketing and measurement
• Ability to work independently and within a team, communicating with all levels of the organization
• A can-do attitude and a positive team player
• Experience with InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Basic knowledge of layouts, typography, line composition, color, and other graphic design fundamentals
• Strong creative and analytical skills
• Compelling portfolio of graphic design work
• Graphic Design major preferred
Location: This internship is 100% remote-based
Hours: 15 hours per week minimum
Compensation: Unpaid internship but with an opportunity for potential future employment. If school credit is possible, we will work with the candidate to achieve credit requirements.
Note: We want to make this internship inclusive to all, if you would like to participate but you are unable to do so at the unpaid level, please apply and let us know why. There is a potential that we can secure need-based grant or scholarship funding.