About the role
Maika Global is currently seeking an enthusiastic Public Relations Intern to join our marketing team. As a Public Relations Intern, you will be responsible for a variety of projects for multiple clients. You will report to our Digital Marketing Manager and work closely with our Executive Team to craft a tailored PR strategy for Maika Global as well as our clients.
The PR Intern will be responsible for identifying opportunities to build a brand presence for Maika Global and our clients. S/He will be on the front lines managing communications and building a media network. The ideal candidate is full of creative ideas and eager to contribute on a large scale and approaches work with the mentality that there is no task too small or too large to tackle. You know how to position a brand to the public and will be a driving force behind our future growth and our company’s image.
About the company
Maika Global is a creative digital marketing and design agency that generates genius marketing ideas and creates quality graphics and written content. We ignite curiosity and create exciting marketing content that breeds conversation and creates a buzz. We are a small but rapidly growing consulting agency heavily focused on global expansion. We currently have a presence in San Francisco, New York, London, and Dubai.
With the evolution of technology and the way an audience consumes information, we utilize modern marketing methods to increase reach and deliver relevant, attractive, and valuable content to our client’s key demographic.
Our services extend beyond digital to include traditional activity-based marketing. We help brands develop and grow with an integrated 360-degree approach which often means that we help with branding, design, social media, messaging, sales funnels and more to create a cohesive message that is the base of communications for any strong brand.
What you will gain
• A holistic understanding of the ins and outs of a creative consulting agency.
• Exposure to tools, procedures and industry insights that will set you apart from your peers.
• Multiple professional development opportunities, projects and experiences to grow your portfolio.
• The opportunity to be at the front lines of the creative process for global brands.
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
• Monitor all forms of media
• Schedule and coordinate speaking engagements, appearances, and other special events
• Write press releases and other materials
• Compile contact lists
• Search for articles relevant to our website
• Create or update databases
• Strong communication skills
• Knowledge of PR and Marketing processes and best practices.
• Copywriting and editing abilities is a must.
• Clearly articulates, presents, and promotes ideas and issues before various audiences in a professional settings
• Flexible and can work with little to no oversight.
• Poised and professional, while also being sociable and outgoing.
• Strong time-management skills and advanced knowledge to organize multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Highly organized with acute attention to detail and the ability to juggle various projects at once.
• A self-starter with a positive attitude, a strong sense of urgency, and the desire to do the right thing.
• Proven ability to work effectively with senior management and senior-level clients.
• Should be majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism