Do you have a strategic mindset with a strong aptitude for creative thinking and brand awareness? Are you a relationship builder who likes to collaborate effectively with multiple teams?
About the Role
Maika Global is currently seeking two enthusiastic Social Media Interns to join our marketing team. The ideal candidates are passionate about social media, enjoy thinking out of the box, and eager to work on impactful projects they will have ownership over. Our interns will report to the Digital Marketing Manager, assisting in identifying, conceptualizing, designing, and executing campaigns to boost engagement, educate and inform our audiences.
About the Company
Maika Global is a creative digital marketing and design agency that generates genius marketing ideas and creates quality graphics and written content. We ignite curiosity and create exciting marketing content that breeds conversation and creates a buzz. We are a small but rapidly growing consulting agency heavily focused on global expansion. We currently have a presence in San Francisco, New York, London, and Dubai.
With the evolution of technology and the way an audience consumes information, we utilize modern marketing methods to increase reach and deliver relevant, attractive, and valuable content to our client’s key demographic.
Our services extend beyond digital to include traditional activity-based marketing. We help brands develop and grow with an integrated 360-degree approach which often means that we help with branding, design, social media, messaging, sales funnels and more to create a cohesive message that is the base of communications for any strong brand.
What you will gain
• A holistic understanding of the ins and outs of a creative consulting agency.
• Exposure to tools, procedures and industry insights that will set you apart from your peers.
• Multiple professional development opportunities, projects and experiences to grow your portfolio.
• The opportunity to be at the front lines of the creative process for global brands.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Creating content and brainstorming ideas for campaigns
• Monitoring social media accounts, trends, and news
• Scheduling content for multiple accounts
• Help in the planning of monthly social media calendars
• Analyze analytics to gauge the success of campaigns
• Conduct hashtag research, build out our hashtag vaults, and keep track of our hashtag strategy
• Other duties as assigned
• Excellent knowledge of social media platforms, TikTok and Reels huge plus.
• Knowledge of analytical tools
• Creative mindset
• Design abilities a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Flexible and can work with little to no oversight.
• Poised and professional, while also being sociable and outgoing.
• Strong time-management skills and advanced knowledge to organize multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Highly organized with acute attention to detail and the ability to juggle various projects at once.
• A self-starter with a positive attitude, a strong sense of urgency, and the desire to do the right thing.
• Proven ability to work effectively with senior management and senior-level clients.
• Should be majoring in Marketing, Graphic Design, or related field
Location: This internship is 100% remote-based
Hours: 15 hours per week minimum
Compensation: Unpaid internship but with an opportunity for potential future employment. If school credit is possible, we will work with the candidate to achieve credit requirements.
Note: We want to make this internship inclusive to all, if you would like to participate but you are unable to do so at the unpaid level, please apply and let us know why. There is a potential that we can secure need-based grant or scholarship funding.